WILLIAM H. YOUNG
Orthopaedic/ Medical Technician,
Jan 04 – Jun 05 Potomac Valley Orthopedic Associates
3414 Olandwood Court, Olney, Md 20832
Jun 05 – Mar 09 The Orthopedic Center, P.A.
9711 Medical Center Drive, Suite 201, Rockville, Md 20850
20500 Seneca Meadows Pkwy, Suite 2100, Germantown, Md 20876
May 09 – Jun 2012 Shady Grove Orthopedics
9715 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, Md 20850
Summary of experience:
· Open the clinic each morning and ensure clinic areas are ready for patients.
· Escort patients to exam rooms and order required x-ray testing or cast removal.
· Assist physicians with exams and provide direct patient care as needed.
· Complete pre-op surgical screening for surgical scheduling staff.
· Apply and remove all types of fiberglass casts and splints which includes short/long arm, short/long leg and cylinder casts and orthotic molds as needed.
· Perform required lab work as needed and complete referrals for outside services.
· Fit patients for braces such as CAM Walkers, Wrist Splints, Orthotics and instruct in cane/crutch walking. In-House DME Coordinator.
· Perform Neurometrix (EMG) nerve conduction testing and chart results.
· Follow physicians instructions for patient care, casts etc.
· Set-up and assist physician with basic treatments and minor surgical procedures.
· Prepare steroid medications for injection and assist with aspirations.
· Respond to telephone triage from patients with medical concerns.
· Instruct patients in wound care, cast care and in orthopedic devices.
· Provide pharmacy refill service and coordinate with pharmacy patients medications.
· Suture/staple removal and apply dressing changes as needed.
· Stock and maintain clinical supplies.
· Sterilize and maintain log on surgical equipment.
· Check patients in and document vital signs as required.
Olney & Gaithersburg, MD
British Military College, Bramcote Nuneaton, England U.K.
O Level Exams in Math, Science, English & Public Administration.
US Naval Schools of Health Sciences Bethesda, MD & San Diego, CA.
Hospital Corpsman & Medical Technician
Ward Corpsman with Certification in IV/Phlebotomy, Medications and patient care.
Orthopedic Technician and Instructor in Orthopedic Clinical Care.
EMT (Ambulance) with BLS and advanced ACLS certification.
Senior Orthopedic Technician and at the Orthopedic Center, P.A. for (4) years and I was able to function primarily as a technician and physicians contact person to ensure the medical side of the clinic would operate smoothly.
I set-up and maintained an additional clinic in Germantown, Maryland which has proved to be a very successful venture. I was very effective in marketing this new clinic and it has proved to be a tremendous success. I originated our DME program for durable equipment and Bone Stimulators in this clinic and was responsible for maintaining inventory and functioning as a DME technician.
Hospital Corpsman, US Navy
Orthopedic Technician Member of NAOT (National Association of Orthopedic Technicians)
CPR Certification - Current thru 2014
Military Awards: Navy Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal (4) awards, Gulf War Service Medal
Naval Unit Meritorious Medal, Combat Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal,
British Military, Ireland Campaign Medal
US Navy Honorable Retirement.
Professional references provided upon request